This new incarnation of our Terminal Emulator for the Web brings several expected features and it’s easier to try:
- New printer terminal support.
- Integrated printer emulation: TN3287 and TN3812 printing terminals support implemented. Send print jobs to your browser-side printer, or download them to a file.
- Easier access to printing job files: printing queues, print preview, and more.
- New integration possibilities.
- Direct access to the emulation screen through a dedicated virtual path per connection. Facilitate integration by allowing the user to bypass the landing page.
- Discardable connection URLs: by using One Time URL (OTURL) you can create a temporary, unique URL to provide single-time access to a specific connection. This URL expires as soon as it’s used or after a specific period of time.
- Secured access comes in many flavors: z/Scope Anywhere now provides multiple authentication options, including a simplified Single Sing-On. Enable access for end-users via one or more of these authentication methods: Logon, OAuth/2 (Google, Facebook, etc), RADIUS or customize the authentication process using a newly provided security API.
- Updated and flexible authentication scheme.
- Provide anonymous access to connections, avoiding the login process.
- Combine authenticated and anonymous access connections for logged-in users.
- New and enhanced user interface.
- New navigation and connection views. Classic, Coverflow, Gallery and Grid modes available.
- Open new connections on different tabs or manage them within the z/Scope environment.
- Create Display, Printer or Display and Printer connections.
- z/Scope Anywhere iOS app
New z/Scope Anywhere iOS app
This is only the big picture of what the new z/Scope Anywhere brings.
We’ve launched the first Beta version of z/Scope Anywhere 8 today and you can download it here. This new version of our existing HTML5 terminal emulator is more powerful and versatile than ever, and in a few days, we will be telling you more about it.
z/Scope Anywhere, Web Terminal Emulator
z/Scope Anywhere offers a web-based client. Access
- and SSH & VT hosts
…using your favorite browser!
Explore our Windows & Web host access solutions, enjoy our free 30-day trial, or book a quick call with our specialists HERE. No commitment!
Notes for current z/Scope Users
We find that many of our old customers are now adopting Windows 10 or Windows 11.
z/Scope v6.6 (desktop) and z/Scope Anywhere v8.5 (web) are fully compatible with Windows 10 and newer versions.
Do you run an older z/Scope version? Any z/Scope user covered by our Maintenance Service may update their current version at any time.
Aside from our technical support service, surely the best part of renewing your license’s maintenance is being eligible for the latest software updates and version upgrades at no extra cost.
You can also visit our Documentation page to find the available help files.